Preparing to Buy?
Homeownership is the “American Dream” not solely because of its tangible financial benefits, but owning a home has the power to change lives. The sense of security, stability, and success is priceless. We understand that everyone moves through the homebuying process at a different pace. Buying a home can be complicated, but our role is to educate you on the process and work with you side-by-side to represent your interest at all times while guiding you through the process!
Road to Ownership
- Create your budget & start saving for a down payment
- Know your credit score & take care of any debts or errors
- Find a Realtor ® who meets your needs
- Contact a lender to obtain pre-approval
- Start touring homes
- Make your offer & negotiate the price or terms
- Get a home inspection to address any issues
- Have an appraisal to get an accurate estimate on the home’s worth
- Close the sale
Let Us Answer Your Questions
As you can imagine, we field a lot of questions every day about the often-complex process of buying and selling! Here are some of our most commonly asked questions!
Helpful Hints for Buyers:
- Obtain pre-approval before beginning your home search
- Avoid changing bank accounts, making large purchases, or new lines of credit after applying for a mortgage
- Avoid depositing cash into bank accounts or co-signing loans
- Explore different financing options like FHA, VA, USDA
- Be prepared to make a competitive offer quickly
- Make a strong but fair offer
- Be a flexible negotiator
- Lean on your Realtor® who may have unique insight
- Look beyond décor
- Rank your must-haves
Protect Your Best Interest
Why Get an Appraisal & Inspection?
Getting an appraisal and inspection can potentially save you a lot of time, money, and headaches down the road. The appraisal is an unbiased opinion to verify the current value of the home. An inspection gives an impartial evaluation to shed light on challenges you may face as the new homeowner, if serious and costly issues are detected in the home. They are both important to protect your best interest as a buyer. Working with your Realtor® can help guide you throughout the entire process!
Use the Calculator
Calculate Your Payments
Have fun playing with the numbers in this mortgage calculator to see what your mortgage payment may be. We always recommend that you speak with a lender about your personal situation so you can be best informed about your loan options and payments before getting started looking for your home!